I decided to limit myself to 3 colors (+neutral color) when making the baby boy cards. I chose Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze and Mellow Moss.
Here I used a couple of dinosaurs from the Prehistoric Pals stamp set. I used the Coluzzle to cut the circles and a white Signo pen to draw the scallops and lines. the sentiment is from Short and Sweet.
Here we have the lion from the Wild About you stamp set. I inked it up with mellow moss and then used a not quite navy marker. I used the Coluzzle again and a white Signo pen for the "stitches". The background is a patterned paper from Baja Breeze Patterns Designer Series Paper. I used the sentiment from Short and Sweet again and my word window punch.
Here we have the alligator/crocodile and the bird from Wild About you. I cheated a bit and used and icelandic sentiment (it says "Welcome to the world little baby"). The background is fron the same package as on the card above. I wanted to use a ribbon but didn't have one that matched the colors so I used my Signo pen to draw stitches on a paper strip.
Pretty simple cards but I like the color combo, although the mellow moss doesn't look much like green.
---
We finally got a little bit of snow yesterday and today. My DS has been waiting for the winter to come so he could play in the snow. So I had to get him out to play early this morning, before I went to work.
As you can see he's all bundled up, it's freezing cold. I love his hat, I bought it in Iceland, it's expensive but it's my favorite brand (in children's hats). It's from a Finnish company named Kivat.
---
I've already made the cards for my next post ;)
You can probably guess what stamp set I'll be using ;)
---
Well, anyway, for those of you who didn't know, the new Stampin'Up Catalog is out!
You can order 24/7 from my website http://huldap.stampinup.net/ (US residents only).
---
Free Idea Book with Online Purchase
From February 1-April 30, 2009, we're introducing new customers to Stampin' Up! by promoting our award-winning Idea Book & Catalog. To receive a free Spring-Summer 2009 Idea Book & Catalog, customers must:
Place an online order during the promotional period
Select a demonstrator at stampinup.com or shop through a demonstrator's DBWS.
There is no minimum order amount required, so anyone can take advantage of this offer.
From February 1-April 30, 2009, we're introducing new customers to Stampin' Up! by promoting our award-winning Idea Book & Catalog. To receive a free Spring-Summer 2009 Idea Book & Catalog, customers must:
Place an online order during the promotional period
Select a demonstrator at stampinup.com or shop through a demonstrator's DBWS.
There is no minimum order amount required, so anyone can take advantage of this offer.
---
Until next time...
TFL

No comments:
Post a Comment