The first card is big, it fits in a standard business envelope. It's the first time I make a card this big and I'm satisfied with the results. I started out by cutting a circle out of a post-it note using my Coluzzle, I then placed the circle on a piece of Whisper White cardstock where I wanted the moon to be. I then sponged the whole piece using Soft Sky ink and Chocolate Chip. I then took the circle off and sponged the moon a little bit with Soft Sky. I inked up my cowboy on the horse stamp and stamped it on the paper. I had seen this done on another card an liked the look, so it's not my idea ;) I like the look of torn paper and decided to do that on trhe designer paper for a rougher look, I also sponged all edges. The eyelets are Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets (#108431)
Stamps: Bronc Buster
Paper: Western Sky, Ruby Red, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Antique Brass Eyelets
Techniques: Masking, sponging
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1
---
This one is pretty simple. I stamped the image on Soft Sky cardstock using Chocolate Chip ink and then colored in a little bit using a Sahara Sand marker. All paper edges are sponged using Chocolate Chip ink.
Stamps: Bronc Buster
Paper: Western Sky, Ruby Red, Soft Sky
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand marker
Techniques: sponging
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1
---
This card is a little bit more complicated than the others. I stamped the image using Versamark on Sahara Sand Cardstock. Poured clear embossing powder on it and heat set it. I then sponged over the image using Not Quite Navy ink and Chocolate Chip. By embossing the image it stayed the same color as the cardstock and by sponging I colored around the image. I think this technique is so much fun. It's called Embossing Resist.
The Thank You is from Short & Sweet (#109369).
Stamps: Bronc Buster, Short and Sweet
Paper: Western Sky, Blue Bayou, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip marker
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, eyelets
Techniques: Embossing Resist
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 2
---
I had a bunch of treat bags in my stash and wanted to try to use it on a project. The base, Chocolate Chip cardstock, is in two pieces, the front piece is 4 1/4 x 8 inches. Scored at 2 1/4 to make the bottom. The back is 4 1/4 x 10 inches, scored at 2 1/4 (bottom) and 8. I clued the bottom pieces together using my sticky strip. The image is stamped the same way as the one on the first card. I also use sticky strip for it but I onle glued 2/3 of it down so I could slip the flip under it (to close it). I punched holes on the bag and the back of the card and used Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (#109051) to tie it to the card. My bag is full of Tootsie Rolls ;) but you can put anything that fits, in the bag.
Stamps: Bronc Buster
Paper: Western Sky, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky
Accessories: Chocolate Chip ribbon, treat sack
Techniques: Sponging
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 2
Deal of the week:
Bronc Buster Stampset (catalog price $18.95) and
Western Sky Designer Paper (catalog price $9.95)
for $25 before shipping and tax.
Send me an email if you are interested, I'll ship anywhere within the US.
stampinhulda@gmail.com
Here's a link to more Bronc Buster Cards <---click here
Next weekend I'll be showing you projects using the Fabulous Flowers stampset!
6 comments:
More great projects! I love this set!
Laura
You have been really busy and I like the cards and the bag very much.
Hulda, your blog is great! I love how you show so many different projects using one stamp set. Thanks for the inspiration!
vá hvað þessu eru geggjuð, geggjaður hestastimpilinn :O)
These are awesome! You are so good at really mixing up the layouts and projects - you showcase the variety beautifully!
Wonderful job, Hulda!
You deserve an award!
http://artisticavenger.wordpress.com/2008/04/08/arte-y-pico-award/
Post a Comment