2008/04/27

Wild about you

This stampset is one of the first stampsets from SU that I bought. And I don't think I'll ever get rid of it.

The card to the left is 4.25x5.5 in. but it doesn't open like a regular card, only the panel with the image and ribbon can be opened, I'm not sure if you can see it on the picture. The other card is a regular card.

Stamps: Wild about you
Paper: real Red, Wild Wasabi, East Cost Prep designer paper
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Real Red Ribbon
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1



The colors in this card are so not my colors, but I wanted to challenge myself a little bit. I stamped the flowers on the Really Rust paper using the flower stamp from the Wild About You stampset. I used a Really Rust marker and a Chocolate Chip marker, leaving the stems uncolored. The faux stitching is made with a Chocolate Chip marker. I put Crystal effects on the alligator/crocodile and the bird.
Stamps: Wild about you
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust
Ink: wild wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust
Accessories: Crystal Effects
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1



This card is pretty simple. But I think it would look nice with Dazzling Diamonds on it. I didn't have time to do it but I thought of putting DD on the images. To do that I would cover the images with Versamark ink, pour Heat & Stick on them, heat set if for a few seconds, then pour DD on the images and heat set for a few seconds to get the glitter to stay. Irridescent Ice would do the trick too.
Stamps: Wild about you
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Prints Pack
Ink: Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie markers
Accessories: scalloped circle punch
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1



I had made such a cute card with the lion stamp and I forgot to take a picture of it before sending ikt off to Iceland with my mom. So last night, in a hurry, I made this card. After I had finished it I started reading through blogs and noticed that one of the bloggers had used the same colors on a card and that's how I found out that these are the colors for this past weeks colorcombo challenge on SCS. I'm not to thrilled with this card though, I liked my other card better, but the colors in this one are nicer.

Stamps: Wild about you
Paper: Pretty in pink from Prints Pack, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate chip marker, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Chocolate Chip ribbon, Certainly celery
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1


Well, now, what about the giraffe? I do not have a card to show you that has only SU products. I didn't have time to make a new one this week. But here is a link to one that I made a couple of weeks ago for my mom.
More Wild About You here

The deal of the week:
Wild About You ($23.95) for $20 before shipping and tax.

Next weekend I'll be using For Father from the Occasions Mini Collection.

4 comments:

Sharon Graham said...

These are all adorable. I like the way you used bright colors for the animals, like the pink lion and red elephants.

Anonymous said...

My favorite cards are the first ones with the elephants. I'm in love with the card design and your color theme. Having said that, I really like all of these cards. They are great!

Beth said...

These are all absolutely precious! The elephants are fantastic and the penguins are too cute. Great layouts and another fabulous showcase. However, please keep to using sets that I own-somehow my wish list grows after I visit your creations, lol! TFS!!
:-)

Anonymous said...

I love this set too. You've inspired me to blow the dust off mine. They are all great cards - I particularly like the lion card because of the different color choices.