2008/04/19

Embrace Life

Embrace Life is one of the new stampsets in the Spring/Summer '08 catalog and it's the first one I bought from it. I'm hoping they'll keep it for a while because it is so pretty and fun to use too.
This time I made my cards pretty simple because I didn't have much time to make them. I hope you like them.

I stamped the images on a watercoloring paper and used my SU markers to color them in. I then used my Coluzzle template to cut out the circles. I used my word punch to cut out the sentiment.

Stamps: Embrace life
Paper: Mellow Moss, Cameo Coral, watercolor paper
Ink: Stazon, Cameo Coral marker, Sahara Sand Marker
Accessories: Coluzzle
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1


I used my blender pen and Purely Pomegranate ink to color in the flowers. The images are on dimensionals.

Stamps: Embrace life
Paper: Always Artichoke, Kraft, Purely Pomegranate
Ink: Stazon, Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: Purely Pomegranate ribbon, white signo pen
Techniques: watercoloring
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1



I wanted to try something different here. Normally I would not use this pink and gray together but I think it turned out ok. I used a blenderpen again here.

Stamps: Embrace life
Paper: Basic Gray, Pixie Pink, whisper white
Ink: Stazon, Pixie Pink
Accessories: Going Gray ribbon
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1



For this card I used a sketch from Pagemaps. I stamped the big flower a couple of times on watercoloring paper and colored them in with my Cameo Coral marker. I used my white Signo pen too. I then cut out the images. I used the leaf stamp to stamp on whisper white before adhering the flowers. The top flower is on dimensionals.

Stamps: embrace life
Paper: Hunter Green, Cameo Coral, Kraft, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon, Hunter Green, Cameo Coral Marker
Accessories: brads from pretties kit, signo pen,
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1



I wanted to try to make a bouquet using this stamp so I stamped it on watercoloring paper, then masked it and stamped again on each side of the first one. I colored the image in with my Cameo Coral marker. I stamped the leaves on wild wasabi using wild wasabi ink. I used my horizontal slot punch to punch a hole in the green and gray layers so I could get the ribbon the way it is. The slot is hidden under the image.

Stamps: embrace life
Paper: wild wasabi, cameo coral, basic gray, watercolor paper
Ink: Stazon, Cameo Coral
Accessories: going gray ribbon
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1


The deal of the week:
Embrace Life ($23.95 before tax and ship.) + blender pens ($9.95 before tax and ship.) = $30
Send me an email if you are interested. US residents only.
stampinhulda@gmail.com

Next weekend's stampset will be WILD ABOUT YOU

6 comments:

Beth said...

SWEET! You've used my all time most favoritest set!! These are all amazing and I hope you don't mind if I case one..or two...or all, lol! They are positively gorgeous! :-)

Sharon Graham said...

As always, these are awesome. Your watercoloring is perfect and the color combinations are so striking. I really like the layout of the 3 roses and the faux stitching.

Kim Jenkins said...

I love your cards, I have added your blog to my favorites folder. They are simple enough I think I could case them (and will I'm sure), yet so very pretty. Keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Another beautiful set of cards! I love the Embrace Life card - so elegant!

Barbara Hafey. said...

Ó men hvað þú ert búin að vera dugleg :D Svaka flott allt hjá þér!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Amazing again! You do such great work at showing the versatility of stamp sets, Hulda!