2008/11/06

A couple of Christmas cards

I've got a couple of Christmas cards to show you. I made them before I went to Iceland and I think I might just do more.
I don't know if you see it, but I was trying to make an ornament and make it look like it was hanging on a Christmas tree. I used Coluzzle to cut the red circle, a scallop circle punch to punch the mellow moss circle and a designer label punch for the little brown piece. The colors in this card are Mellow Moss, Riding Hood Red and Whisper White. The stampset is Baroque Motifs.
Here we've got the snowmen from Holiday Lineup and snowflakes from The Snowflake Spot. The colores I used are Pink Pirouette, Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant. Not the traditional Christmas colors but I think they look good together. I used my blenderpens and inkpads to color in the image.
I just sent off a whole bunch of Christmas cards to my mom yesterday, 30 cards I think. So I've been busy since I got back from Iceland. My DS was sick on the way home but fortunately he slept on the flight from Iceland to Boston. I am so glad I didn't miss the fall colors here in the mountains. We drove around yesterday and looked for good places to take fall pictures. We ended up in Chimney Rock.

Hope you're having a good day!
TFL

2 comments:

Eveline said...

What beautiful pictures. And your son looks as if he has grown a lot.
I like your ornament card. It's very elegant. And the colors on the snowmand card are great.
Eveline.

Staciestamps said...

I love the ornament and think your use of color in the Holiday Lineup card is fantastic.