I'll start by showing you how I did the pop-up part of the card (that's where I started). You can scroll down to the bottom of the post if you want to see the card first.
I started off with a white base, 3 1/2 x 7 inches.
And used my paper trimmer to cut from the line to the middle, 1 1/2 inch from each side.
I then scored each end of the "flap" so it would be easier to fold the opposite direction of the rest of the card.Now would be a good time to stamp the background on the top part (I didn't know that then though *lol*)
Next I cut a piece of designer paper, it is better to cut it a little bit bigger than the white cardstock because you can always trim it when you've glued it down.
I glued the dp to the top part of the white cs. Be careful not to put glue on the "flap".
Before I glued the dp to the bottom part I adhered a ribbon to the front and tucked it under the dp to hide the end.
I then added the image I wanted to pop-up.
I then adhered ribbon horizontally on the back of the base so I could us it to close the card. And I adhered the whole thing to my card base. And this was the result:
Untie the ribbon:
And Voilá!
Now how is that for a first pop-up card and a first tutorial in english?
Supplies
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Whisper White, Ruby red, Kiwi kiss
Designer Paper: Holiday Treasures
Stamps: Christmas Classics
Ribbon: Always Artichoke
Markers: Old Olive, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard
I'll be back this weekend with "It's a stretch"!!!
TFL














4 comments:
What a great card. I love tutorials. Yours is easy to follow even for me:). I'm going to give this technique a try.
Eveline.
Cool, you even do a great job tutoring in a nother language. I'm gonna give this a try when I get more time... Where can you buy more hours into your week??
That is awesome, Hulda. I love this set and love how you used the tree.
Thanks for sharing an awesome tutorial. I've wanted to try this technique for some time now, but didn't know how to do it. Now I do!! Love your card.
Post a Comment