2008/08/04

Peaceful Wishes

I'm sorry to write this post so late. I had to take an extra shift at work yesterday. I have to say that taking a job in a store just before Tax Free Weekend is not something I recommend. It was crazy all weekend. And I worked today too so tonight I've been finishing up on the cards I wanted to make for this post. And then when I tried to upload my pictures I kept getting error messages. I hope the images show OK, I had to upload them to a gallery first and then load them to my blog.
I did decide to change stamp sets for this post. I just wanted a chance to use this Christmas set before it retires :0

The first card I made earlier this summer. The base is Always Artichoke. Then we have Bravo Burgundy, River Rock DP, Always Artichoke again and I stamped the image in Always Artichoke and Bravo Burgundy on watercolor paper. I used sponge daubers to distress the image with Bravo Burgundy ink and River Rock ink. the ribbon is Bravo Burgundy.

The colors in this card are Old Olive, Ruby red and Chocolate Chip. The image is stamped on Naturals White. I used my markers instead of the inkpads. I used my new scallop edge punch for the scallop edge and I didn't have a ribbon in the right color red so I used a scrap paper instead (Ruby Red).

This card I made for a "Monday Mailer" thing I've joined in my NCSUdemos club. We were supposed to do FAUX anything on this months cards. This is the first card this month and I did faux linnen (sp?) on the three background panels. I couldn't find my sanding blocks so I had to use sandpaper and I don't think it turned out as good as if I had used the blocks. I used En Francais on the three panels and sponged Always Artichoke onto it before using the sandpaper.
The card base is Bravo Burgundy, then the three panels, then Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy again and the image and sentiment. The image and sentiment are stamped on Very Vanilla. I did put a ribbon in the top left corner after I took the picture of the card. And I used Crystal effects on the berries!


This card is pretty simple but I like it. I used Soft Sky, Baja Breeze and Pacific Point. I don't feel like I need to say much about it.

This one is pretty simple too. the colors are Always Artichoke, Real Red, River Rock and Chocolate Chip. I managed to "cut" the sentiment in half by using my real red marker.
I was going to show you a couple of cards I received last week from fellow demos, but it'll have to wait until Blogger accepts the images straight from my computer.
I do want to tell you that I've got a SU website now. I just got it yesterday so I haven't worked on it much, but soon you'll be able to order from my website if you like :)
TFL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love each & every one of your cards! I love this set!
Ann :)