2008/06/21

Designer Series Paper 1

I hadn't planned to make too many cards with my Designer Paper for you. But I'll just have to makle up for it next weekend. The first card I'm showing you was inspired by a card I saw in the May edition of CARDS (Vol. 3 issue 5). It's on page 18 and was made by Summer Ford. I don't know if she's got a blog but I have to say that as soon as I saw her card I wanted to CASE it. My version is a lot simpler but I'll defenitely give it a few more tries.

I hope you can see what it's supposed to be. The sentiment is from Nursery Necessities, The DP is from Porcelain Prints. I don't have a sewing machine so faux stitching is all I can offer ;)
My next card was an idea from Connie Babbert.
I only used one tie on my card. The DP is Western Sky. No stamping done here, just a little bit of distressing with River Rock.
I actually made this card after I had made the envelope for it. I had the pear (from Infinite Goodness) already colored in from another project I've done. I used my inkpads and a blenderpen for the coloring (Groovy Guava, Ruby Red and Really Rust). The DP is Afternoon Tea. It's from the Occasions Mini Catalog, so it's only available until the end of June. The card base is Groovy Guava. And the envelope:
I used my Five-in-One Card Cover template to make the envelope. The only cardstock I used is where you write the recepient's address.
I've seen quite a few cute cards using this template and I can't get enough of it. I think it works better to use a double sided pattern paper for the cute dress. The DP I used is from Flowers For You. Girly and cute paper pack. These are perfect for as birthday cards for little girls.
Here's an easy project for you. After doing this once it's a piece of cake and you can make it in under 10 minutes. It's a two pocket tote made from one 12x12 in. sheet and a few inches of ribbon. You can take more time top work on it and stamp on it or add bling or flowers and pearls from the Pretties Kit. I didn't think it'd fit with this DP (Afternoon Tea again). I just love the stripes and didn't want to hide them. I'll probably end up making a card to go with it.
Next weekend I'll show anything but cards ;) You've got it in writing!!!
Take a few minutes to check out:
The new Dormant List and the list of Retiring Sets.
TFL

No comments: