2008/05/10

Pun Fun

You know, this stampset did not catch my eye until I started noticing a lot of cute cards on Splitcoaststampers, with these images. The skunk made me fall for it!




This first card is a design I have been playing with for a couple of years now and I think the design is fun to play with. You can use any shape you like, circles, squares, rectangles, hearts etc. I choose to use eyelets on these but you can also use brads, ribbons make it harder to open the cards. I stamped the image on Bashful Blue cardstock and cut the whale out. I then stamped the image on Whisper white and colored it in with my pastels. My Signo pen came in handy on this one too. I used my oval shaped Coluzzle template to cut the ovals.


Stamps: Pun Fun
Paper: Apricot Appeal, Bashful Blue, Taken with Teal
Ink: Stazon
Accessories: Pastels chalk, Brads, Jumbo eyelets, Signo pen, Coluzzle Oval
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1





Here I had stamped the hippo wice on Apricot Appeal DP (from Level 1 hostess gift, Print Pack). The bashful blue and wild wasabi are also from the print pack. I used a real red marker for coloring the bow-tie. Size 5.25"x5.25"


Stamps: Pun Fun
Paper: Apricot Appeal, Real Red, DP from Hostess Level 1 Print Pack
Ink: Stazon
Accessories: Brads, dimensionals, Real Red ribbon, Word Punch
Techniques: Paper piecing
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1




Now this one couldn't be girlier I think! I made it for a sketch challenge on SCS. I colored the image with my Watercolor Wonder Crayons. I then covered the image with my Versamark, poured Heat and stick on it ad heat set it. When the Heat and Stick powder looked like it was working I sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds on it and heatset it again. Gotta love the sparkles!!! The designer paper is from the Level 1 hostess Prints Pack.

Stamps: Pun Fun, Short and Sweet
Paper: Pretty in Pink CS and DP, Pixie Pink, Lovely Lilac
Ink: Stazon
Accessories: Heat and stick, Dazzling Diamonds, Signo Pen, Watercolor Wonder Crayons
Techniques: Heat embossing
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 2




I'm not too syre about this one. I like the color combo but I think I over did the faux stitching. I used Dazzling Diamonds on this card too. I used scraps from when I was making the Heartfelt Thanks cards a few weeks ago. You cab see it under the main image and under the sentiment. The sentiment is from the retired set Party Punch. I've had it for months but didn't have the punches until now, so now I can finally start using it ;)

Stamps: Pun Fun, Heartfelt Thanks, Party Punch
Paper: Barely Banana, Mellow Moss, Pale Plum
Ink: Stazon
Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Heat and Stick, Dazzling Diamonds
Techniques: Heat embossing
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 2



Here's that skunk again. It colored with Watercolor Wonder Crayons. I love using those with my blender pens. I think I like this card better than the one above. It's not too girlie and it's easy to make. You don't even have to use the Coluzzle gutting system, the image would fit on the card pretty good as a square or a rectangle.

Stamps: Pun Fun
Paper: Night of Navy, Purely Pomegranate, So Saffron, Rose Red DP
Ink: Stazon,
Accessories: Night of Navy ribbon, Crystal Effects, Watercolor Wonder Crayons
Techniques: Watercoloring
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1




Here I wanted to make a birthday card for a boy. The cupcakes are from Short and Sweet. I used my Word Punch for the sentiment. When I mounted the stamps I cut the sentiment off and placed it on the side/bottom of the wood block so I could stamp the images seperately from the sentiments without problems.

Stamps: Pun Fun, Short and Sweet
Paper: So Saffron, Handsome Hunter, Brocade Blue
Ink: Stazon, Brocade Blue
Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Crystal effects
Techniques: Watercoloring
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1



I have no clue why I made this card like this. I colored the kitties with a marker. I wanted to use my scallop punch and this is the result. Kitty Cat flowers. Maybe my allergy pills are messing my head up *LOL*

Stamps: Pun Fun
Paper: Ruby Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Stazon
Accessories: SU markers, Always Artichoke Ribbon, Scallop Circle Punch, Signo Pen
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1


I like this design although the color combo is not my favorite. I colored the image with my blender pens and ink spots. I think the card is missing something, maybe the sentiment, I'm not sure, but I'll leave it as is for now.

Stamps: Pun Fun
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery
Ink: Stazon, Pretty in Pink, Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Certainly Celery Ribbon, brads, Round Tab Punch
Techniques: watercoloring
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1




I wanted to try out a tutorial they used on SCS on a Try a New Technique challenge the other week. It's pretty easy to make, but I'll have to figure out a way to make bigger cards with this technique. I just got the backgroundstamp in the mail this week and I love it. I use So Saffron ink on the So Saffron cardstock and I think it looks pretty good.

Stamps: Pun Fun, Print Pattern
Paper: So Saffron, Handsome Hunter, Night of Navy, Kraft,
Ink: Stazon, So Saffron
Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Markers, Signo Pen, Word Punch
Techniques: watercoloring
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1

The deal of the week:

Buy the Pun Fun stamp set and get the blender pens for $6 (reg. price $9.95 bef. ship. and tax).

Send me an email if you want to get this deal! US residents only.

Next weekend I'll be showing you wedding cards. I'm not going to stick to just one set but I'll try to make elegant wedding cards using my wheels and background stamps and stampsets that I think are perfect for wedding cards.

Happy Mother's Day

TFL


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just happened upon your blog today. I love that you focus on one stamp set at a time and give more than one example of each set. Your cards are adorable. I can't wait to try out some of your color combos. I especially like your patterned paper with the dare to be fabulous set. Can't wait to see more!!

Hildur Ýr said...

Æðisleg kort, Hulda :)Frábær hugmynd með silly sealife, ætla að stela henni!

Anonymous said...

You've done it again! These cards are fabulous! Who wouldn't want the Fun Pun set, now!

Beth said...

Brilliant as usual! The oval card rocks and that paper pieced hippo is too sweet! Your sparkly cards are MAHvelous and great job using those scraps. Beautiful use of the darker cardstock for mats-the Navy and Hunter really make your images stand out. Your kitty flowers are too cute! These are all just amazing!!