2009/03/11

Bloomin' Beautiful :)

I had no idea it's been so long since my last post. I've been getting a pretty good schedule at work and even got an extra shift last week. It's good for my wallet but leaves me with less time to make cards :(
I decided to go with a favorite set for this post. I had several ideas in mind but only had time to make two cards. I've been cards for a challenge at the icelandic scrapbooking forum, we had to make 7 cards in 7 days and each day we had a different challenge. The first card I show you is the last card I made in the challenge, we had to use flowers on our cards.
The image is stamped on watercolor paper and colored with blender pens and ink. I used our new eyelet border punch and a retired background stamp, Print Pattern.
The second card I made only took me a few minutes to make. I had the image already colored from sometime last year (I always make extra). I added iridescent ice to it a few days ago while adding glitter to a bunch of images I had in my box. I used my Floral background stamp (retired). I thought of adding ribbon but decided not to. There's room for a sentiment under the image if I decide to add one later.
Here's a close-up of the glitter.
---
Since my last post we've had both snow and spring like weather!
I snapped this photo in our backyard on the 1st of March and a week later....
on the 8th of March I snapped this photo at Mt. Pisgah ;)
Hope you are getting spring like weather....it's supposed to get cold again here :(
TFL

No comments: