Lets start with this Lovely as a tree card. I stamped the image on Whisper White with Blue Bayou and then used sponge daubers to "color in" the image. The image is on dimensionals. The background is the retiring Soft Sky designer paper.
This one is almost too simple. The stamps are from the Nursery Necessities stamp set. I used a scrap piece from the Soft Sky DP. Doesn't need much explaining. I think adding a ribbon or brads would make this card cuter. I just didn't have the right colors to do it.
Another simple one. I stamped the gator from Wild about you on Whisper White and cut it out. Adhered it to Soft Sky and added Crystal Effects. I got the designer paper from my upline. She got it before I became a demo. I used a white signo pen for the centers of the flowers. Used the word punch to punch out the sentiment.
I really like making the dress cards and I wanted to see how this color combo would work on a dress card. I think it turned out OK. I didn't use iridescent ice or dazzling diamonds but I'm satisfied. It's not too complicated. The stamp set is Baroque Motifs.
This one here is my absolute favorite. I bought a Take Ten magazine a couple of weeks ago and I saw the sketch there. I wanted to give it a try and I've made 4 different cards so far, using this sketch. I'm thinking of sending one of the cards in to see if it'll get published.
The stamp set is Embrace Life. I used Crystal Effects on the big soft sky flower and the smaller flowers too. I brayered soft sky ink onto soft sky card stock to get a different background. I think that worked out good.
I am hoping that I'll get my preview order from the new catty before my next post so I can try out some new stamps and new colors.
For those of you not familiar with my blog and reading it for the first time, I only blog once a week, usually on a Saturday or a Sunday. That gives me the whole week to come up with projects and make a few samples.
If you'd like me to add you blog to my list post a link to it in the comments. And tell me if it's SU only or not. By SU only I mean no Cuttlebug or DP/stamps from other companies than Stampin'Up. It's ok if it's not SU only, I'll just list it separately ;)
TFL
8 comments:
Vá mér finnst þau öll voðalega falleg og mjög elegant :)
Æðisleg kort hjá þér. Finnst þú gera alltaf svo flott kort :D
flottir litir og kortið flott eftir því
ÆÐisleg kort og flottir litir saman!
Hi Hulda! Love those cards. You do nice work.
I think Becky was just having a bad day yesterday (regards to her comment).
I have added a link to you on my blog.
Sharon http://inkiefinger.blogspot.com/
Oh, Hulda - you've done it again. You are always so inspiring!
Great cards and a beautiful color combination. I agree, that sketch from Take Ten is perfect.
Hi Hulda,
I was wondering if you could share the "recipe" for the Embrace Life card you made! I absolutely love it!! By chance do you remember the issue of Take Ten?
I'm glad I found your blog, you have such a nice variety of cards!
Ann :)
Post a Comment